MMO894 - Medieval or later ironstone pits northeast of Huccombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two ironstone pits of medieval or later date are visible on vertical aerial photographs to the northeast of the deserted farmstead of Huccombe. [1,2]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 2154 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3345-6 (11 April 1947).
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9312 3527 (209m by 34m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132363 (Original Monarch entry: 1132363)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7208
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW99
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132363
Record last edited
Oct 3 2018 2:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.