MMO887 - Medieval or later trackways and possible ironstone pits at South Quarme Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Trackways and probable ironstone pits of medieval or later date, visible on vertical aerial photographs at South Quarme Allotment. The pits lie adjacent to the Pulham River and the trackways run from this small group of extractive pits, north-eastward towards Kennisham Hill plantation. [1,2]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 4154-5 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F61) 0143-4 27-APR-1964.
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9452 3624 (103m by 134m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132356 (Original Monarch entry: 1132356)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7201
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW92
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132356
Record last edited
Apr 3 2018 11:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.