MMO886 - Probable ironstone pit and trackway at Quarme Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Probable ironstone pit and trackways of medieval or later date, visible on vertical aerial photographs to the south of Heath Poult Cross. A trackway runs for over 1 kilometre between Heath Poult Cross and Stone Lane Head, approximately 100 metres to the east of the modern road. Midway along this track at SS 9400 3630 is a possible ironstone pit. A second, shorter trackway lies at SS 9409 3677. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF F61 543/2821 0143-4 (27 April 1964).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/1944 4155-6 (23 January 1947).
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9400 3637 (407m by 948m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132355 (Original Monarch entry: 1132355)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7200
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW91
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132355
Record last edited
Apr 3 2018 11:55AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.