MMO863 - Post-medieval water meadow north of Hunts Farm, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The fragmentary remains of a possible Post Medieval water meadow are visible on aerial photographs. Four parallel ditches are centred at SS 9454 2778, and a single ditch is centred at SS 9445 2778, adjacent to the River Haddeo. 
- <1> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- <2> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <3> SSO639 Map: SS92NW.
- <4> SSO371 Aerial photograph: 02-SEP-1952. RAF 540/860 3150-1 02-SEP-1952.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 3150-1 02-SEP-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9452 2778 (172m by 217m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132268 (Pastscape entry: 1132268)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10055
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8978
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW56
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132268
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13657
Record last edited
Dec 10 2012 12:44PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.