MMO860 - Post-medieval water meadow west of Baronsdown (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A system of Post Medieval field gutters, visible on aerial photographs taken in 1952, probably form part of a water meadow, known locally as a Catch Meadow irrigation system. The remains of Six roughly parallel ditches, measuring from 25m to 105m, extend along the contour, on a west facing slope overlooking the River Exe, immediately north of Baronsdown Farm. They are centred at SS 9316 2897.
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 3046-7 02-SEP-1952.
- --- SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- --- SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- --- SSO368 Aerial photograph: 02-SEP-1952. RAF 540/860 3046-7 02-SEP-1952.
- --- SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 53.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9315 2899 (130m by 114m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132265 (Pastscape entry: 1132265)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10053
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8977
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW53
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132265
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13524
Record last edited
Nov 29 2012 3:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.