MMO859 - Post-medieval water meadow at Wynne Farm, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A system of Post Medieval field gutters, visible on aerial photographs, probably form part of a water meadow, known locally as a Catch Meadow irrigation system. Six roughly parallel ditches, with perpendicular ditches at their west end, are centred at SS 9486 2805. A further two ditches are situated to the south at SS 9482 2793. 
- --- SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- --- SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- --- SSO363 Aerial photograph: 15-APR-1946. RAF 106G/UK/1420 4305-6 15-APR-1946.
- --- SSO639 Map: SS92NW.
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 4305-6 15-APR-1946.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9485 2805 (280m by 257m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132264 (Pastscape entry: 1132264)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10052
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8976
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW52
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132264
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13523
Record last edited
Nov 29 2012 4:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.