MMO858 - Post-medieval water meadow system south of Hele Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Part of a system of Post Medieval field gutters, is visible on aerial photographs. It probably forms part of a water meadow, known locally as a Catch Meadow irrigation system. Three roughly parallel ditches are centred at SS 9337 2748. 
- --- SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- --- SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- --- SSO367 Aerial photograph: APR-1952. RAF 540/860 3041-315-APR-1952.
- --- SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 51.
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 3041-315-APR-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9336 2748 (99m by 183m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132263 (Pastscape entry: 1132263)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10051
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8975
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW51
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132263
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13522
Record last edited
Nov 29 2012 4:10PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.