MMO845 - Post-medieval water meadow south of Northcombe Farm, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A system of Post Medieval field gutters, visible on aerial photographs, probably form part of a water meadow, known locally as a Catch Meadow irrigation system. At least six roughly parallel ditches, measuring up to 300m long, extend along the contour, between 213m and 244m above OD. They are situated on the east and west faces of a steep sided valley immediately south of Northcombe Farm. They are centred at SS 9168 2906.
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F64) 271-272 27-APR-1964.
- --- SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- --- SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- --- SSO379 Aerial photograph: 7-APR-1964. RAF 543/2821 (F64) 271-272 27-APR-1964.
- --- SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 38.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9170 2897 (243m by 324m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132250 (Pastscape entry: 1132250)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10043
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9363
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW38
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132250
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13480
Record last edited
Nov 29 2012 3:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.