MMO813 - Post-medieval water meadow at Courts Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A water meadow system at Courts Farm was noted on aerial photographs.  The extensive remains of a fragmented water meadow system described by the previous authorities which are associated with Courts Farm, a post medieval farmstead. The water meadows appear as ditches running parallel with the hillside. Also surviving is the pond adjacent to the farm which fed the meadow with a mixture of water and slurry. The water meadow ditches survive as earthworks and were mapped from aerial photographs. 
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 41.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4330, 4331.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. HSL/71 177/8809-10 07-SEP-1971.
- <4> SMO7525 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NE. AF1133887.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9946 3657 (1232m by 881m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||TREBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128260 (Original Monarch entry: 1128260)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11914
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8357
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE86
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128260
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34493
Record last edited
Feb 4 2013 11:57AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.