MMO812 - Post-medieval water meadow at Perley barn (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The remains of a fragmented water meadow system in the vicinity of Perley Barn described by previous authorities was seen centred at SS 9820 3865. The water meadows appear as a number of ditches running parallel to the slope. They were seen as earthworks and mapped from aerial photographs. 
- <1> SEM6918 Report: Francis, P.T.H.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the "Catch Meadow" Irrigation Systems Found in the Exmoor Region of West Somerset. 41.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3291, 3293.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF F26/543/28821/137 27-APR-1964.
- <4> SMO7525 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NE. AF1133887.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9824 3862 (307m by 221m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128252 (Original Monarch entry: 1128252)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7495
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE85
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128252
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34492
Record last edited
Feb 4 2013 12:55PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.