MMO809 - Post-medieval water meadow at Newcombe Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The remains of a water meadow system associated with the deserted post-medieval farmstead of Newcombe. The water meadow appears as a number of parallel ditches running along the hill side below the site of the farm. They were seen as earthworks and mapped from aerial photographs. 
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 41.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4333, 4334.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944/4147 23-JAN-1947.
- <4> SMO7525 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NE. AF1133887.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9748 3694 (1001m by 527m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1128243 (Original Monarch entry: 1128243)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE82
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128243
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34489
Record last edited
Feb 4 2013 12:33PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.