MMO754 - Sub-circular enclosure to the south of Swansea Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
Undated sub-circular enclosure approximately 70m across, visible as cropmarks on vertical air photographs. Centred at SS 9960 3320, to the south of Swansea Farm.  At the NGR cited is an area of amorphous earthworks representing animal burrowing, a trackway, removed field boundaries and other indefinable scarps. The features do not appear to represent an enclosure. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAL/76071 056 16-AUG-1976.
- <2> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 8 Sep 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9960 3320 (72m by 83m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121150 (Original Monarch entry: 1121150)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8948
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE81
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121150
Record last edited
Feb 22 2016 2:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.