MMO753 - Medieval or post-medieval earthworks near Hurscombe Barn (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
Medieval or post medieval ridge and furrow, field banks and extractive pits, visible as earthworks on vertical air photographs in the vicinity of Hurscombe Barn. These feature are centred at SS 979 328 and are overlain by the drainage features described in record MMO752.  It is not clear whether record MSO8946 refers to some of the features mentioned above. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 3024-5 19-MAY-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAL/77037 221-2 26-NOV-1977.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. C Dove 17/01/2013.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9798 3287 (499m by 376m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121148 (Original Monarch entry: 1121148)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8947
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE80
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121148
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.