MMO748 - Medieval or post-medieval trackway and field boundaries south of Blagdon Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The modern lane, running from Woolcotts to Blagdon Farm has only been consolidated and tarmaced in recent times. On the 1947 RAF photographs, the section immediately to the south of Blagdon Farm (between SS 9735 3405 and SS 9746 3363) is visible as a green lane or holloway, defined at its southern end by two parallel banks. Parallel linear features are visible to the west of the track at SS 9726 3400, which are likely to be field lynchets and further west at SS 9712 3390, is a single linear field boundary. These features are probably post medieval in date although the track way may have originated in the medieval period. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3149-51 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4025 19-MAY-1947.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9731 3384 (413m by 427m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121117 (Original Monarch entry: 1121117)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8942
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE75
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121117
Record last edited
Jul 25 2018 2:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.