MMO745 - Possible medieval or post-medieval enclosure northeast of Leigh Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Curvilinear bank and ditched feature abutting a modern field boundary at SS 9646 3428. This feature which is approximately 25 metres across, may form part of an enclosure of medieval or post-medieval date. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4027-8 (19 May 1947).
- <2> SMO7520 Archive: Dyer, C.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1121086, Extant 5 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9645 3426 (34m by 28m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121086 (Original Monarch entry: 1121086)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8939
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE72
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1121086
Record last edited
May 5 2022 10:08AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.