MMO740 - Possible deserted settlement around St Mary Magdalene's Church (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Earthworks (enclosure and linear banks), possibly relating to a deserted settlement, in fields surrounding St Mary Magdelene's Church, Withiel Florey, centred at SS 9879 3321. These features include a rectangular banked enclosure (approximately 20m by 20m) and a banked field boundary to the south of the church. Parallel linear banks are visible to the east of the church and these may form parts of other enclosures or field boundaries. [1-2]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3147-8 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4023-4 19-MAY-1947.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9866 3325 (306m by 155m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121039 (Original Monarch entry: 1121039)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8934
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE67
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121039
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.