MMO738 - Undated rectilinear enclosure west of Leigh Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Cropmarks of an undated, double-ditched rectilinear enclosure, visible on vertical air photographs taken in 1976. This enclosure, which is 55 metres by 40 metres in maximum dimensions, is centred at SS 9563 3370. [1,2] On the ground this site appears to be no more than the junction of a field boundary and a hollow way. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAL/76071 060 (16 August 1976).
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 8 September 1998.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9563 3369 (51m by 64m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Historic Parish||KINGS BROMPTON|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121033 (Original Monarch entry: 1121033)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8933
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE65
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121033
Record last edited
Jan 16 2017 1:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.