MMO736 - Post-medieval water meadow north of Hurscombe Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Linear field banks and ditches on east facing slopes, 250m to the north west of the proposed location of the deserted medieval farm of Hurscombe (MSO8850). The linear ditches run parallel to each other and may be field gutters relating to a post medieval catch meadow irrigation system. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1151-2 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 3025-6 19-MAY-1947.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9737 3251 (180m by 476m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120939 (Original Monarch entry: 1120939)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8931
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE63
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120939
Record last edited
Jan 3 2018 2:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.