MMO735 - Post-medieval extractive pit on Blagdon Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A small extractive pits of probable post medieval date, visible on vertical air photographs on Blagdon Hill, centred at SS 9657 3285 . [1,2] It is likely to be associated with several quarried depressions recorded separately to the east (MEM24292). 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1151-2 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <3> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Catherine Dove, 2 July 2018.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9657 3284 (32m by 22m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120936 (Original Monarch entry: 1120936)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8930
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE62
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120936
Record last edited
Jul 2 2018 1:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.