MMO732 - Post-medieval extractive pit east of Higher Foxhanger (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An extractive pits of probable post medieval date, visible on vertical air photographs taken in 1947. It is situated to the west of the Pulman River on the crest of the valley sides centred at SS 9515 3211. 
- --- SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1153-4 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 3027-8 19-MAY-1947.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9515 3211 (41m by 27m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120891 (Original Monarch entry: 1120891)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8927
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE59
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120891
Record last edited
Jan 9 2013 1:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.