MMO720 - Medieval and post-medieval settlement remains at Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Earthwork features, probably relating to the medieval or post medieval settlement of Brompton Regis, visible on air photographs in fields surrounding the modern village. These features include parallel linear banks, possibly property boundaries at SS 9505 3138 and a field bank and ridge and furrow at SS 9508 3164. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 3027-8 19-MAY-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1154 23-JAN-1947.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9506 3155 (248m by 416m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120458 (Original Monarch entry: 1120458)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8917
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE47
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120458
Record last edited
Dec 20 2012 10:05AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.