MMO716 - Rectilinear enclosure east of Lower Holworthy Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Earthworks of a rectilinear, banked enclosure, visible on vertical air photographs at SS 9828 3068. The enclosure is four sided, approximately 38m by 30m in size with a large gap on its western side which may be an entrance. This site may be a Medieval stock enclosure although an earlier origin cannot be ruled out.  Nothing is visible on the ground at the NGR cited. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3478-9 15-APR-1946.
- <2> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 7 Sep 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9828 3067 (46m by 54m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120243 (Original Monarch entry: 1120243)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8913
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE43
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120243
Record last edited
Jan 14 2013 12:55PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.