MMO715 - Catch Water Meadows, South of Holworthy Farm, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
SS 9780 3065. Post-medieval water meadows (also known as a catch meadow irrigation system), visible on vertical air photographs, in fields to the south of Holworthy Farm. The water meadows extend south-eastwards towards Lyddon's Ground and these may relate to the deserted farmstead described in record SS93SE 8. Linear banks, probably field boundaries are also visible, those to the north of the farm at SS 9790 3085, possibly relating to a trackway. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3478-9 15-APR-1946.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAL/77037 218 26-NOV-1977.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. ENP AF94IRFC/88 1064 06-OCT-1994.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9796 3059 (982m by 624m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1120172 (Original Monarch entry: 1120172)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8912
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE42
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1120172
Record last edited
Mar 21 2018 12:56PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.