MMO675 - Medieval or post-medieval water meadow and ridge and furrow at Kings Brompton Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
A water meadow system, field boundaries and ridge and furrow, in fields surrounding Kings Brompton Farm. These features were visible on aerial photographs and are likely to be of medieval or post medieval date. This system lies on a steep sided stream valley and may, at its northen end, link up with that associated with Leigh Farm, described in record MMO676. Centred at SS 960 360. [1-4]
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 40.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3152.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2028 4026-7 (19 May 1947).
- <4> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9608 3311 (603m by 747m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Historic Parish||KINGS BROMPTON|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1118244 (Original Monarch entry: 1118244)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11917
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8900
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE25
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1118244
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34496
Record last edited
Jan 16 2017 12:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.