MMO618 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
See summary (1). A ploughed contour leat is visible on aerial photographs as an earthwork east of Warren Farm, Exmoor. Beginning at approximately SS 7963 4078, the leat measures approximately 50 metres in length. Previously recorded as an individual monument, it is now believed to be part of the substantial water meadow system now recorded under NMR UID 1475879 (2).
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 12-MAR-1995.
- --- SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. McDonnell R, 1985, Recommendations for the management of archaeological sites.
- --- SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102016 (Pastscape entry: 1102016)
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO6914
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1102016
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33084
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 10:33AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.