MMO616 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A contour leat of 400m with the western section slightly higher. It generally measures 0.5m wide with a low bank of up to 0.4m high. (1-2) The leat described above is clearly visible as an earthwork on aerial photographhs, and is one of several recorded individually that is in fact part of the substantial water meadow system now recorded under NMR UID 1475879 (3)
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 12-MAR-1995.
- --- SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. AP SCPD.HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79 9282 September 1971.
- --- SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. AP.CPE.UK.1980 4156 April 1947.
- --- SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102008 (Pastscape entry: 1102008)
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO6912
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1102008
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33082
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 10:32AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.