MMO613 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A contour leat running from SS 78904095 to SS 79554057. The western section generally measures 0.6m wide with a low spread running down from the east side of the farm. To the south of the farm it is barely discernable. The leat does not cut any other features but it is cut by C19 field boundaries and road (1-3). The leat described above is clearly visible as an earthwork on aerial photographs, and is apparently fact part of the substantial water meadow system now recorded under NMR UID 1475879 (4).
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 12-MAR-1995.
- --- SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. McDonnell R, 1985 Recommendations for the managment of archaeological sites..
- --- SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. AP/SCPD HSL.UK 71-177 run 79 9282 Septemeber 1971.
- --- SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. AP/CPE.UK. 1980 4156 April 1947.
- --- SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1101997 (Pastscape entry: 1101997)
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1101997
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33079
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 10:32AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.