MMO589 - Post-medieval water meadow at Widlake Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post medieval water meadow system visible on air photos at Widlake Farm. [1,2] Fragments of a water meadow system were visible on vertical air photographs to the north-west of Widlake and were mapped as part of the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [3,4]
- <1> SEM6918 Report: Francis, P.T.H.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the "Catch Meadow" Irrigation Systems Found in the Exmoor Region of West Somerset. 40.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3158 APR-1947.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3345-6 11-APR-1947.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 2156-7 23-JAN-1947.
- <5> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9250 3468 (299m by 191m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1095108 (Original Monarch entry: 1095108)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11888
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7172
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW32
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1095108
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34466
Record last edited
Dec 14 2012 12:39PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.