MMO588 - Post-medieval water meadow at Lower Broford (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval water meadow system at Lower Broford, Dulverton was noted from aerial photos. [1,2] Post-medieval field gutters are clearly visible on vertical aerial photographs in fields to the southeast of Broford and Little Broford, centred at SS 920 310 and SS 921 313. [3,4]
- <1> SEM6918 Report: Francis, P.T.H.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the "Catch Meadow" Irrigation Systems Found in the Exmoor Region of West Somerset. 40.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 1160 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1159-60 (23 January 1947).
- <4> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9200 3110 (500m by 547m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1095107 (Original Monarch entry: 1095107)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11887
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9348
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW31
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1095107
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34465
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 4:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.