MMO587 - Post-medieval water meadow west of Edbrooke (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Part of a possible catch meadow irrigation system is visible on vertical aerial photographs at Edbrook. [1-4]
- <1> SEM6918 Report: Francis, P.T.H.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the "Catch Meadow" Irrigation Systems Found in the Exmoor Region of West Somerset. 40.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3350-1.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 3025-6 (2 September 1952).
- <4> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9075 3410 (642m by 428m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1095106 (Original Monarch entry: 1095106)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11886
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8591
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW30
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1095106
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34464
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 10:08AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.