MMO586 - Post-medieval water meadow at Armoor Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Post medieval water meadow system visible on vertical aerial photographs at Armoor Farm, Exton.  The system may be associated with the farm waterwheel.  It is downstream of Armoor Farm as plotted and therefore could be a system using outflow from the tailrace but not supplying the water power. It could be fed by the strem to the east 
- <1> SEM6918 Report: Francis, P.T.H.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the "Catch Meadow" Irrigation Systems Found in the Exmoor Region of West Somerset. 38.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3343 APR-1947.
- <3> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Pers comm E Dennison 04-APR-1984.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4028-9 19-MAY-1947.
- <5> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
- <6> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9475 3420 (210m by 137m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1095104 (Original Monarch entry: 1095104)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11885
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7171
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW29
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1095104
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34463
Record last edited
Aug 1 2013 4:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.