MMO576 - Post-medieval water meadow south and west of North Wheddon Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A post-medieval water meadow system with associated field banks, lies to the south and west of North Weddon Farm and South Weddon Farm. These features are visible on vertical aerial photographs and were plotted as part of the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [1-4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 40.
- <2> SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. CPE.UK.1980 3303 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 F62 0146-8 (27 April 1964).
- <4>XY SMO7521 Archive: Dyer, C.A.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721. [Mapped features: #35076 ; #35077 ; #35078 ]
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1089220, Extant 2 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9209 3837 (364m by 327m) (3 map features)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089220 (Original Monarch entry: 1089220)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11906
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9279
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW51
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1089220
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34484
Record last edited
May 2 2022 10:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.