MMO576 - Post-medieval water meadow south and west of North Wheddon Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A post-medieval water meadow system with associated field banks, lies to the south and west of North Weddon Farm and South Weddon Farm. These features are visible on vertical aerial photographs and were plotted as part of the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [1-4]
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 40.
- <2> SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. CPE.UK.1980 3303 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 F62 0146-8 (27 April 1964).
- <4>XY SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721. [Mapped features: #35076 ; #35077 ; #35078 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9209 3837 (364m by 327m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089220 (Original Monarch entry: 1089220)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11906
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9279
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW51
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089220
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34484
Record last edited
Jun 17 2019 12:39PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.