MMO572 - Post-medieval water meadow at Vinnicombe Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post medieval water meadow system was visible on vertical aerial photographs at Vinnicombe Farm. The majority of this system lies to the south of the farms building complex, within OS quarter sheet SS 93 SW. 
- <1> SEM6918 Report: Francis, P.T.H.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the "Catch Meadow" Irrigation Systems Found in the Exmoor Region of West Somerset. 38.
- <2> SMO7094 Aerial photograph: KING, LK. Aerial photograph. CPE.UK.1980 3343-3344 April 1947.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 2153-4 23-JAN-1947.
- <4> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9414 3504 (162m by 111m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089216 (Original Monarch entry: 1089216)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11902
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7183
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW47
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089216
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34480
Record last edited
Dec 14 2012 12:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.