MMO570 - Post-medieval water meadow northwest of Kershaw (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval water maedow system was visible on vertical aerial photographs in fields to the northwest of Kershaw. [1-4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 38.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3298, 3299.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF F21 58/2665 070 (8 January 1959).
- <4>XY SMO7521 Archive: Dyer, C.A.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721. [Mapped feature: #35134 ]
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1089214, Extant 2 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9409 3890 (279m by 287m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089214 (Original Monarch entry: 1089214)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11900
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9275
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW45
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1089214
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34478
Record last edited
May 2 2022 10:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.