MMO569 - Post-medieval water meadow at South Quarm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval water meadow system is visible on vertical aerial photographs in fields surrounding South Quarme. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 38.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4344.
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: Dyer, C.A.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1089213, Extant 2 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9242 3602 (971m by 325m) (3 map features)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089213 (Original Monarch entry: 1089213)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11899
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7182
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW44
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1089213
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34477
Record last edited
May 2 2022 10:22PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.