MMO565 - Post-medieval water meadow at Triscombe Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Post medieval water meadow system, visible on vertical aerial photographs in field surrounding Triscombe Farm. These features were plotted during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [2,3]
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Somerset CC SMR 29 Sep 1986.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 4073-4 02-SEP-1953.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 4156 23-JAN-1947.
- <4> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
- <5> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 37.
- <6> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3303.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9190 3771 (444m by 148m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1089209 (Original Monarch entry: 1089209)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11895
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7179
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW40
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1089209
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34473
Record last edited
Apr 9 2018 3:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.