MMO490 - Possible post-medieval field clearance mounds on Ilkerton Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two small mounds are visible at SS 7243 4444 and SS 7245 4443, measuring approximately 9 to 10 metres cross. They resemble field clearance mounds, and are likely related to the field system described in MDE20387. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/72314 282-83 (16 August 1972).
- <2>XY SMO7565 Archive: English Heritage. 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SW. MD002182. [Mapped feature: #32864 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1043708, Extant 17 January 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7244 4443 (27m by 15m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1043708 (Pastscape entry: 1043708)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 14131
- Devon SMR: SS74SW/68
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MDE20387
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE12833
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SW102
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1043708
Record last edited
Jan 17 2022 9:22PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.