MMO3784 - Post-medieval extractive pit east of the Pulham river (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval extractive pit is visible as earthworks on aerial photographs. It is situated to the east of the Pulham river on the crest of the valley side. It is centred at SS 9562 3226. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF CPE/UK/1944 1153-1154 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 3027-8 (19 May 1947).
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9561 3226 (57m by 24m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Historic Parish||KINGS BROMPTON|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1505578 (Original Monarch entry: 1505578)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8927
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE118
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1505578
Record last edited
Jul 25 2018 11:49AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.