MMO3782 - Post-medieval extractive pit west of Higher Eastcott Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An extractive pit, probably of Post Medieval date, is visible as earthworks on vertical air photographs. It is centred at SS 9863 3440.  This may be the quarry marked on the current ordnance survey mapping and recorded as MEM22274. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF CPE/UK/1944 3148-3149 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <3> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. C Dove 10/01/2013.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9863 3440 (32m by 42m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1505440 (Original Monarch entry: 1505440)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8944
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE116
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1505440
Record last edited
Apr 21 2018 12:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.