MMO315 - WOODY BAY STATION (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SS 6830 4642. Woody Bay Station shown on OS 6" (1903) Map. 'Station House' shown on OS 6" (1963) Map. (1) SS 6825 4641. The 'Old Woody Bay Station' (2) is now in use as a dwelling house. (3) Woody Bay Station, on the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway, was opened in 1898 and closed in 1935. From 1935 to 1995 it was in use as a residential property, but in 1998 it was purchased by the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Trust and converted back to a station. A small section of track has also been restored and narrow gauge passenger trains are running (4)
- --- SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1973 1:2500 SS 6846..
- --- SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Devon County SMR SS64NE 99 24-Sep-87..
- --- SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. Sainsbury IS 19-Aug-93 RCHME Field Investigation..
- --- SMO7338 Website: Toms, K.T.. World Wide Web page. Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Trust. Lynton and Barnstaple Railway. http://www.lynton-rail.co.uk. Co.
- --- SMO7537 Archive: WOODYBAY STATION, MARTINHOE. BF008146.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=915063 (Pastscape entry: 915063)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31423
- NBR Index Number: 8146
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 915063
Record last edited
Oct 28 2009 11:09AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.