MMO2869 - Post-medieval field boundary west of Horsecombe Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A relict field boundary of probable post-medieval date is visible as an earthwork to the west of Horsecombe Farm. The boundary is visible as a T shaped junction of two banks, centred on circa SS 8817 3864, dividing a large field into three smaller enclosures. It is not marked on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map and and was therefore probably removed prior to 1890. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF 54/2821 (F63) 152-3 (27 April 1964).
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1890.
- <3>XY SMO7575 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 83 NE. MD002192. [Mapped feature: #32787 ]
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1485294, Extant 21 September 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8820 3866 (195m by 226m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1485294 (Pastscape entry: 1485294)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NE146
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1485294
Record last edited
Sep 21 2021 5:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.