MMO2545 - 19th Century field boundary north of Tom's Hill Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A bank is visible on aerial photographs approximately 15 metres to the north of Tom's Hill Farm, as a subtle earthwork centred at circa SS 8115 4318. It is visible for just over 45 metres orientated north-northeast to south-southwest, roughly parallel to the extant 19th Century field boundary. It may be the remains of an abandoned or incomplete phase of enclosure associated with the Farm. It is not visible on aerial photographs of 1977. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF 540/931 (F20) 3062-3 (8 November 1952).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. ENPA MAL 77013 079-80 (20 May 1977).
- <3>XY SMO7567 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 84 SW. MD002184. [Mapped feature: #32565 ]
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1478464, Extant 19 July 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8115 4318 (15m by 49m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1478464 (Pastscape entry: 1478464)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW294
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1478464
Record last edited
Jul 19 2021 9:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.