MMO2545 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A bank is visible on aerial photographs approximately 15 metres to the north of Tom's Hill Farm, as a subtle earthwork centred at circa SS 81154318. It is visible for just over 45 metres orientated NNE to SSW, roughly parallel to the extant 19th century field boundary. It may be the remains of an abandoned or incomplete phase of enclosure associated with the Farm. It is not visible on aerial photographs of 1977. (1-2)
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. ENPA MAL 77013 079-80 20-MAY-1977.
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF 540/931 (F20) 3062-3 08-NOV-1952.
- --- SMO7567 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 84 SW. MD002184.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8115 4318 (15m by 49m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1478464 (Pastscape entry: 1478464)
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1478464
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 10:37AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.