MMO2492 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Tracks or hollow ways are visible as earthworks on aerial photographs to the south of Long Combe, centred on circa SS 79884290. The curvilinear earthworks are clearly not deliberately cut, but may be evidence for the movement of livestock through the former Royal Forest of Exmoor over many years, potentially from the medieval period onwards. (1-2)
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/931 (F20) 3109-311008-NOV-1952.
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F65) 166-7 27-APR-1964.
- --- SMO7567 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 84 SW. MD002184.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1477935 (Pastscape entry: 1477935)
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1477935
Record last edited
Mar 26 2018 10:40AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.