MMO2445 - Post-medieval or modern drainage channels on Wellshead Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Drainage channels of possible post-medieval or early 20th Century date are visible on aerial photographs as earthworks on Wellshead Allotment. The drains take a simple dendritic form, with branch like side drains up to 100 metres long emptying into a central trunk drain over 140 metres in length, centred on SS 8350 4156. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR MAL/76048 033 (25 July 1976).
- <2>XY SMO7567 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 84 SW. MD002184. [Mapped feature: #32587 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1477680, Extant 20 July 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8353 4157 (169m by 184m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1477680 (Pastscape entry: 1477680)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW218
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1477680
Record last edited
Jul 20 2021 2:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.