MMO1870 - Post-medieval footpaths or tracks south of Radsbury (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two fragmentary short lengths of earthwork bank visible on aerial photographs, centred on circa SS 71734557 on the north-western slope of Ilkerton Ridge, Lynton and Lynmouth parish, are probably the remains of footpaths or tracks of post-medieval date. The banks run parallel to the field boundaries above the West Lyn River, and therefore post date the enclosure of the fields, presumably during the medieval period or later. (1-2)
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/910 (F20) 3158-9 17-OCT-1952.
- --- SMO4069 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Oblique Aerial Photograph. SS 7145/10-11 (SFFO 540/846 033-4) 22-AUG-1952.
- --- SMO7556 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 NW. MD002173.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7173 4557 (62m by 65m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1464754 (Original Monarch entry: 1464754)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 NW106
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1464754
Record last edited
May 29 2013 11:56AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.