MMO1191 - Post-medieval water meadow north of Kingsbridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The earthwork remains of water meadows associated with the adjacent deserted post medieval farmsteads of Butchers and Monkhams. The water meadows appear as fragmented ditches aligned parallel to the hill side. They survive as earthworks and were mapped from aerial photographs. [1-3]
- <1> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems. 41.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 137 27-APR-1964.
- <3> SMO7525 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NE. AF1133887.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9842 3813 (450m by 886m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1167232 (Original Monarch entry: 1167232)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11913
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7516
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE129
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1167232
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33739
Record last edited
Feb 4 2013 1:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.