MMO1178 - Undated trackway south of Woodland Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A possible trackway of unknown date seen cutting up the scarp of a slope between SS 9607 3755 and 9625 3736, located to the southeast of the site of the deserted Medieval Farmstead of Woodland (MSO7453). It is aligned northwest to southeast and can be traced for approximately 170 metres through the Woodland Plantation. The feature was seen as an earthwork and mapped from aerial photographs.  Part of the trackway appears to show on the 1st and 2nd Ordnance Survey maps; there are various other trackways in this area marked on these maps. [3,4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. Somerset County Council 969/9674, 5 November 1981.
- <2> SMO7525 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NE. AF1133887.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9615 3745 (176m by 193m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166553 (Original Monarch entry: 1166553)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10097
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7509
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE116
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1166553
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13940
Record last edited
May 21 2018 10:41AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.