MMO1176 - Post-medieval water meadow around Nurcott Quarry (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The remains of an extensive fragmented water meadow system assiciated with the deserted post medieval farmstead of Nurcott. The water meadows survive as numerous ditches which are visible as earthworks and have been mapped from aerial photographs. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/3293-4 11-APR-1947.
- <2> SMO7525 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NE. AF1133887.
- <3> SSO1179 Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 1984. A Survey and Description of the Catch Meadow Irrigation Systems.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9660 3906 (681m by 746m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1166548 (Original Monarch entry: 1166548)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/maps.aspx?a=0&hob_id=1128267 (Original Monarch entry: 1128267)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11969
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7496
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7507
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE114
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE88
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1128267
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1166548
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34583
Record last edited
Jul 18 2018 11:42AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.