MMO1127 - Post-medieval dam and ponds east of Buckland Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A post-medieval dam (centred at ST 0111 3375) was seen as an earthwork and mapped from aerial photographs. The dam which is 40m long has a pond 50m long to the north of it. On the south side of the dam is an 80m by 10m cut feature which could be another pond. A third pond is visible at ST 0108 3372. All these features appear to cut a series of trackways (MMO437). [1,2]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3145-3146 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. NMR OS/70387 501-502 25-SEP-1970.
- <3> SMO6672 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, ST 03 SW.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0110 3373 (74m by 130m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1165004 (Original Monarch entry: 1165004)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9054
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 SW57
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1165004
Record last edited
Jan 3 2018 9:40AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.