MMO1094 - Possible subcircular enclosure southeast of Cophole Cottage (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Fragments of a large subcircular enclosure (90m across) was visible as earthworks and cropmarks to the north-east of Stolford. Lying centrally inside this enclosure is a second, 12m across, which is visible as cropmarks and appears to have a south-facing entrance.  On the ground only two parallel banks, 40 m long, 15 m wide and 0.4 m high are visible. They may be natural. No trace of the enclosure was found. 
- --- SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. ENP 81/94 91-2 09-JUN-1993.
- <2> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 8 Sep 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9916 3217 (111m by 104m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1143289 (Original Monarch entry: 1143289)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9043
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE98
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1143289
Record last edited
Jul 25 2018 9:15AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.